Ideas for advertising but keeping the professional image:
1. Relevancy: Patients DO search their problems online before they go to doctor. Being there at the right time when they are researching and providing right information.
2. Word of mouth is obvious but needs to give patients something to talk about Educating target market by giving tips and information and subtle brand recognition
3. Actively handing out tips and information to target audience
4. Organising events for doing something for the target market for free
5. Working towards a better cause such as donations or work towards something very relevant to the target market
Some not very well researched examples for dentist, these could be double checked by a dentist:
1. Managing blog and social media, SEO optimisation
2. A special care, exceptional patient experience, a mobile app that makes patient’s life easier, or any other idea that makes people talk about their experience with your clinik
3. Tips for handling toothache for your kids
4. One weekend free tooth checking for kids of the neighbourhood
5. Raising money for dental health of community
Dr Steer, a GP in Victoria and member of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners’ national standing committee on GP advocacy and support, says providing information about changes at a practice, such as new doctors or services, and disseminating important details about community health risks, are legitimate reasons for doctors to advertise.